Ride the River

11th Annual Ride The River
June 9, 2018


Do you enjoy walking, running, bike riding or simply being outside with family and friends? Have you been looking for a way to plug into the church community? Then we hope you’ll be a part of the 11th Annual Ride the River Fundraiser on Saturday, June 9th, 2018.

What is Run/Walk/Ride the River (RTR)?

Ride the River is an annual event that gathers members of our church community and beyond for fun, exercise, the beauty of the outdoors, and a great cause – Student Ministries.  It’s a family-friendly bike ride with options for biking enthusiasts, as well as runners/walkers, all with the beauty of Hudson Gardens as the backdrop. Check out our promo videos here!

Event Details:

When:
Saturday, June 9, 2018 – Registration opens at 6:30 am

Where:
The Hudson Gardens and Event Center.
6115 South Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, CO 80120
(Map to Hudson Gardens)

Choose your course:
5K Run/Walk
6 mile Family Ride
18 mile Intermediate Ride
32 mile Challenge Ride

Event Schedule:
6:30 am      On-site Registration begins
7:00 am      32 mile Challenge Ride begins
8:00 am      18 mile Intermediate Ride begins
9:00 am      5K Run/Walk begins AND 6 mile Family Ride begins
10:00 am   Pancake Breakfast and music by Balaam’s Donkey Unplugged
10:30 am    Guest Speaker, Door Prizes & Program (Must be present to win prizes!)

How can I be involved? 

As a participant, you have the option to bike a 32-mile challenge ride, 18-mile intermediate ride,  6-mile family ride, or to run/walk the 5k course. You can also participate as a spectator and cheer on the riders as you enjoy the Gardens and the beautiful Colorado weather.

After the event, listen to live music while enjoying yummy food, fellowship and a chance for great door prizes! Past prizes have included a Specialized road bike, an iPad mini, a flat screen TV, gift cards, and more.

Get the whole family outside for an active and fun-filled day in the beautiful Hudson Gardens in Littleton!

How are the proceeds from RTR used?

After 10 years of successful fundraising, RTR funds have been used to send over 250 students and adults on mission trips around the world. In addition, our students have tithed close to $35,000 to charities and mission endeavors they have researched and chosen.  This year, in celebration of all that God has done through RTR in the past 10 years, we are excited to share a special way in which we will be distributing our profit from this years event.  We have committed to keeping 20% of our net income to be used for mission trips, and the remaining 80% we will be giving to a local ministry effort!

We have recently partnered with Crossroads of the Rockies, and with your help, we are hoping to raise $25,000 to help them enhance their youth and child programming.  The neighborhood surrounding Crossroads has a 40% poverty rate and nearly half the adults over 25 do not have a GED. Crossroads strives to model  an alternative to the young people in the area, by providing one-on-one mentoring, positive role modeling, educational activities, after school tutoring and more.  With your prayers and financial support, we can meet our goal of raising $25,000 for Crossroads of the Rockies!

The Chance to Give:

If you would like to donate to our fundraiser, aside from registering for Ride the River, please click on the PayPal button below. Donors can also write a check to: OFLC c/o Ride the River, 6335 S. Holly St, Centennial, CO 80121

 

Student Ministries Home     High School     Middle School     Missions    SM Team