Kids’ Ministry Coordinator
Thank you for your interest. Ready to move forward? Here are your next steps.
1. Read the job description below (download a copy here)
2. Send a resume to Cassie Schermbeck, Director of Faith Development (email@example.com). Questions? Ask Cassie.
The Kids’ Ministry Coordinator is an ordinary person who shares extraordinary life with children from birth to sixth grade. The ministry of the Kids’ Ministry Coordinator has three targets: children, their parents and the volunteers who serve them to pass on faith to the next generation. This is a part-time position (20 hrs/wk). Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Grow and mature as a follower of Jesus.
Ministry to Kids
- Oversee quality, age-appropriate opportunities for children to grow in faith on Sunday mornings.
- Lead annual large events (Vacation Bible School, Christmas program).
Leadership of Volunteers
- Recruit and train adult leaders for a growing number of families and children.
- Ensure that all volunteers are background checked and meet the standards to protect minors
outlined in our Risk Management Guidelines.
- Ensure that the nursery is adequately staffed and maintained.
Ministry to Parents
- Communicate clearly on a regular basis
- Work with Director of Faith Development to equip parents to grow in faith
Integration of Ministry to Life of Church at Large
- Work with staff to integrate children into the life of the church in all three areas of ministry (We
Gather in Worship, We Grow in Faith, We Live God’s Mission).
- Schedule children’s messages and lead as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Faith Development.
Kid’s Ministry Coordinator Profile
- Strives to live a Christian life worth imitating.
- Has a commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church. Membership at Our Father required.
- Has a heart for the mission and vision of Our Father Lutheran Church.
- Able to teach the faith to children.
- Displays strong leadership, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Possesses efficient, caring and discerning verbal skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and trust in all situations.
- Is punctual and dependable, well-organized, flexible and adaptable.
- Must have communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
- Has effective time-management skills.
This position serves 20 hours per week, for a 12 month period, renewable each year.
Children from birth-6th grade, their parents and the volunteers who serve them.
Reports to: Director of Faith Development
Positions that report to this position: paid nursery workers