Thank you for your interest. Ready to move forward? Here are your next steps.
- Read the job description below. (Download a copy here)
- Apply here.
- Send a resume to Pastor Nate Peregoy, Executive Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions? Ask Pastor Nate.
The Preschool Director shall coordinate and administer a 5-day preschool program as a ministry of Our Father Lutheran Church which helps ordinary people know and share extraordinary life in Christ.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Grow and mature as a follower of Jesus
- Lead the Preschool as an outreach ministry of Our Father Lutheran Church.
- Act as liaison between church staff, preschool staff and preschool board, working together to serve students and their families and connect them to Jesus.
- Communicate vision for the school that flows from the mission and vision of Our Father Lutheran Church.
- Evaluate opportunities for accreditation with a recognized organization.
- Update and distribute publicity and communication tools on a regular basis.
- Supervise classroom, building and equipment maintenance, and educationally appropriate improvements.
- Provide effective school-wide communication systems for the director and the teachers to communicate with parents in a consistent manner.
- Prepare an annual preschool budget. Seek to update and add necessary equipment for classrooms and playground, and operate the program within the approved budget and state regulations.
- Maintain staff and student records required by the state of Colorado.
- Implement an effective registration process.
- Plan and implement effective student management system (software).
- Prepare parent, staff and emergency handbooks as required by the state of Colorado.
- Lead and supervise a large team of qualified teachers and aides.
- Foster an environment of shared vision, mutual trust, and community among the staff.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new staff.
- Establish and maintain a process to provide for written review of all staff and set written growth plans on an annual basis.
- Manage employment contracts for new and returning staff.
- Plan and implement a program for the continuing education of the staff.
- Guide and support grade-level teams of teachers to develop a curriculum that is age-appropriate, Christ-centered, and faith-integrated.
- Maintain consistent developmental benchmarks and system to evaluate students against these standards (assessments, parent conferences) to prepare students for future education.
- Plan and implement an emergency preparedness program to exceed state minimum standards for risk management and coincides with congregational safety and security team guidelines.
- Plan and implement a child safety program which includes training on recognition of child abuse and staff’s obligations as Mandatory Reporters under Colorado law.
- Work with the Director of Administration and Finance on matters of finance, budget, procurement, maintenance.
- Create relationships with local resources and organizations to support teachers, students and families as needed.
- Maintain professional relationship with local Lutheran early childhood directors.
- Maintain open and cooperative relationships with each child, parent and staff member.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Faith Development.
- Meets current Colorado regulations for the director position.
- Teaching or leadership experience in Lutheran education preferred.
- Three years in preschool leadership role preferred (director, assistant director).
- Displays the ability to offer staff training and supervising.
- Displays leadership, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Possesses the ability to be relational with children and families.
- Possesses organizational skills and fiscal responsibility.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of computer technology and proficiency in software programs, including Microsoft Office, student management software applications.
- Possesses efficient, caring and discerning verbal skills.
Important Skills/Personal Traits Needed
- Strives to live a Christian life worth imitating.
- Has a commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church. Membership at Our Father preferred.
- Has a heart for the mission and vision of Our Father Lutheran Church.
- Demonstrates strong leadership ability.
- Demonstrates evidence of a love for preschool-age children and a genuine desire to help them grow and mature.
- Maintains confidentiality and trust in all situations.
- Possesses the gifts of hospitality and tact.
- Is punctual and dependable, well organized, flexible and adaptable.
- Must have strong writing and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
- Has effective time-management skills.
- Demonstrates highly relational skill sets with church and preschool staff, children, and parents.
The preschool director is a full-time position that serves ten months per year, from August-May. He or she may need to be available on a very limited basis over the summer months of June and July to answer inquiries from parents or staff.
The school year runs from early September to mid-May. The school day runs from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
This position reports to: Director of Faith Development
This position works directly with: Teachers and Aides of the Preschool, Preschool Board (which serves the Director in an advisory role), Director of Administration and Finance (on matters of bookkeeping, budgeting, etc), Church ministry team (as partners in ministry).